The Freedom Programme is a group which offers women an insight into abusive and controlling relationships and its effect on the family.
Who is it for?
The Freedom Programme is open to any women who have experienced, or are experiencing domestic violence.
- To set boundaries, build confidence/self–esteem and social skills.
- To provide an opportunity for women to develop ways of thinking and behaving to protect themselves, their children and others from self-harm.
- To provide women with the knowledge in order to achieve this.
- To empower women to recognise the difference between an abusive and a healthy relationship.
- To increase women’s ability to recognise what steps they need to take to protect themselves and their children.
- To increase women’s ability to take complete control of their lives.
- To build confidence/self esteem and social skills.
- To recognise the impact of their life experience on their own attitudes and beliefs.
- To recognise the beliefs held by an abusive person.