Team RedLaw Recruitment’s story
Help team RedLaw in our commitment to raise money to send two Kenyan children to secondary school and escape the poverty trap.
Showing true team spirit, all RedLaw employees are putting themselves forward for a series of fearless challenges (some not quite so fearless!) beginning in November continuing through into 2020 to raise much needed funds to allow these children to continue their education.
In the hope that you would support our cause, the main showstoppers for this year are:
- A team skydive: 5 of the RedLaw team will be hurtling through the sky from 12,000 feet on 7th December*
- Half Marathon: Hannah Benger is going solo running for your support on 3rd November
With your help, we hope to smash the target of £1,800 (the cost of one child's four year secondary education) and send one child to school in Jan 2020 and another in Jan 2021. With your help we hope to make it even more!
Our story: Introducing William. Through RedLaw’s sponsorship with The Red Rubber Ball Foundation, William has been able to attend the Namasoli secondary school in Kenya for the past four years with his final term coming to an end this December.
And we want to help more children, just like William. We would love to have your support in making this happen.
William wants to be an ITC Engineer! Secondary education is not government funded and many families just cannot afford to send their children and are forced to finish their education at the end of their primary schooling. Without our help he would never be able to realise that ambition and now he has the best of chances. He will be the first child in his family to complete school, giving him and his family a much better chance of earning a living and escaping the poverty trap.
So, to encourage you to donate, we are really putting ourselves up for the challenge!
As well as the sky dive and half marathon, here are just some of the other challenges we have set ourselves for this year moving into 2020:
- Amy Hambleton, RedLaw Director is abseiling from a huge London landmark yet to be revealed!
- Dee is taking part in the 1 mile London Serpentine Swim
- The team is running/cycling the distance from London to Nairobi, Kenya in law firm fancy dress (4,000 miles)
- We are also arranging cake sales, dress down days and a Christmas raffle *look out for further details of these events on our social media pages.
Your donation will directly help change a child's life and their future forever. All monies raised will go directly to the Red Rubber Ball Foundation.
We thank you for your support from the bottom of our hearts! Together we really can make a difference.
*the skydive is weather dependant and will be re-booked until successful if cancelled.