Charges, fees and card processing costs for leading fundraising websites
This table illustrates the fees and charges ¹ associated with a £10 donation which is eligible for Gift Aid ² made via several UK fundraising websites. A £10 donation plus Gift Aid should generate £12.50 for charity.
To keep things simple and compare like with like, we assume:
- the total amount to be deducted from the donor's card is £10
- the donation is eligible for Gift Aid;
- the donation is made using a UK Visa debit card.
- Set up and recurring charges are transaction-independent. They must be paid by the charity even if no donations are generated. These charges are not included in the calculation shown in the last two columns of the table.
- Gift Aid is a scheme enabling charities to reclaim tax on donations made by UK taxpayers which generates an additional 25p for every £1 donated to the charity.
- Givey's policy is to charge a fee of 5% to the donor at the point of donation, so a £10 donation would mean the donor's card would be debited £10.50. To compare like with like, we assume a donation of £9.52, which would mean that the donor's card was charged £10 - the same amount as all other providers in our illustration - though Givey only allows donations in £1 increments.
This information was correct at time of publication - 18th October 2016.
For further information about the Wonderful Organisation model, please take a look at the following pages: