In March 2020, New Life Shetland applied to take ownership of the disused science block of the Old Anderson High School. The building is one of 4 that are to be kept as part of the redevelopment of the Knab.
In February 2021 we received the exciting news that our Community Asset Transfer (CAT) was approved unanimously by Shetland Island Council.
One of our church values is to 'Visibly Serve our Community' and our heart is to serve our community as best as we possibly can through the building. Therefore as part of our application, as well as developing a worship centre, we saw the following opportunities the building provided to be a blessing to the community and the future Knab masterplan project.
These opportunities include:
- Community cafe and soft play
- Offices and meeting space
- Kids and youth facilities
- Counselling rooms for our support work
- AV studio for training and development
- An inviting atrium space served by a fully functional kitchenI am fundraising to raise money to see the New Life Shetland community centre become a reality.
We are taking part in this challenge to raise finances to see the vision become a reality.
All funds raised will be passed to the charity irrespective of whether my target is reached, not reached or exceeded.