We’re Idea Space. We specialise in providing creative opportunities in the arts to all ages and abilities. We start from the community’s needs, and deliver workshops, bespoke co-designed projects, mentoring and training. We work in partnership with local communities, professional artists, and grassroots organisations to help bridge the gap in access to the creative sector, building skills and confidence in the arts. We’re based in Leytonstone, East London and also work in other parts of the UK.
A gift of £10 a month could pay for:
- A drawing workshop for an adult with mental health difficulties
- Materials such as clay for a workshop for children with SEN
- Towards paint for a community mural
A gift of £20 a month could pay for:
- Sketchbooks for 10 children
- Refreshments for a workshop for 15 people experiencing loneliness
- Towards the replacement of a broken iPad for digital arts classes
A gift of any amount a month could pay for:
- Support for a vulnerable woman to come to an art class
- Mentoring for one young person to get into the creative industry
- The making of a community film to give teenagers new skills
Any donation you can give us will make a huge difference. Our running costs are kept to an absolute minimum but we require around £3,000 a year to maintain our administrative base, write funding applications and submit annual accounts to the Charity Commission. This work is essential for us to continue to offer high-quality arts and learning experiences. Your support will mean that we can reach a wider audience with participants from more diverse backgrounds, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to join our accessible and free art programmes.